Download our HR Brochure
All HR departments are driven by common administrative functions that rely heavily on document intensive packages and processes as well as standardized routines that include communication with state and federal agencies as well as third parties. Electronically managing your HR documents can increase efficiency and lower costs associated with manually storing, processing and searching for records. Managing all of your applicant and employee records from hiring to retiring through a digital HR record management solution is a source of competitive advantage for leading companies.
The DocStar enterprise content management system automates the process of collecting, capturing and storing employment related documents and employee files while maintaining regulatory compliance. All of your employee and applicant files can be quickly captured, processed and securely stored in a central document repository allowing authorized employees to instantly search and retrieve them. Automated workflows allow you to route documents for approval and further action. Security policies maintain compliance and privacy of HR data.
Intelligent data capture can be used to reduce errors related to manual data entry to help avoid fines for compliance violations. Tasks are routed through workflow according to your defined business rules, user roles and access rights. All of the steps in your on-boarding processes can be automated to reduce dependence on time intensive manual entry and approval processes. Policies and procedures can be stored, updated and distributed to each employee to maintain regulatory compliance. DOL audits can be managed quickly and easily via the audit trail and work flow dashboard.
What HR Processes Should be Automated?
- Benefits processing. With automation, employees can change their own personal information and benefits selections online themselves, saving everybody time, paperwork, and frustration.
- Scheduling. With automated scheduling tools, HR can gain a better picture of the organization’s staffing needs as well as costs. This allows them to spend less time figuring out appropriate staffing levels or troubleshooting scheduling problems.
- Payroll data transfer and salary change requests. These processes can be especially time-consuming when done through traditional methods. An HR processes automation solution can help employees avoid having to enter and re-enter an employee’s pay information. This also helps avoid errors, which you particularly want to avoid in this area.
- Time sheet tracking and approvals. Instead of wasting time tracking down employees, composing reminder emails, and making sure each timesheet gets to the right supervisor, HR employees can automate these processes, saving a great deal of time.
- Onboarding and offboarding of employees. These could be the processes that benefit the most from automation. Often during the onboarding and offboarding process, employees are kept waiting due to simple issues that have fallen through the cracks. For example, a new employee might start on a Monday, but not get her company email and server account set up until Wednesday because IT wasn’t notified on time. That’s two whole days of productivity lost.
Integration with your human resource information system (HRIS) allows you to instantly access both prospective, current and past employee documents and information directly from within the HRIS. A secure web-based interface provides access to documents from anywhere in the world, at any time. Manage all of your employee documents from recruiting to retirement, streamline employee administration and automate critical HR processes.
- Application Tracking
- Tax Forms
- Offer Letters
- Benefit Selections
- Change of Status Forms
- Licensing and Certifications
- Medical Records
- Employee Policies
- Payroll Forms and Time Sheets
- Performance Reviews
- Audit Management
- Scan, fax, email and import documents into one central document repository
- Intelligent data capture
- Reduce manual data entry errors
- Capture, store, distribute and track applications
- Capture, store and link training records, certifications and licenses
- Capture and route time cards and expenses to your accounting system
- Customized workflow automation
- Automate tasks for new hire packages and employee on-boarding
- Pre-define documentation requirements, approval steps and due dates
- Collaborative workflows include alerts, approvals, reporting and annotation
- Distribute documents for approvals
- Identify missing documents quickly
- Build workflows linking documents to make audit management easier
- Search and retrieval
- Full text OCR and document indexing
- Real-time search and retrieval: retrieve any HR document instantly
- Instant hotkey access within your HRIS/ERP system
- Access management for security compliance
- Version control and audit trails
- Document authentication
- Segregated and secured personnel folders
- Native file support
- Document management and retention policies
- Quick and easy audit management
- Disaster recovery
Improve HR Department Productivity and Service Delivery
Employees get what they need faster and HR remains in full compliance with company policies and state and federal regulations. Free HR to focus on more valuable tasks and never lose or misplace a file again.
- Enter documents into collaborative processing workflows that include alerts, approvals, reporting and multiple one-click rubber stamps
- Easy one-click access to supporting documentation based on the document currently being viewed with a new related document display
- Access all your documents instantly while in your main line of business application through a simple hotkey
- Pre-define, automate and enforce your document driven processes and include automated due date creation, automated alerts via DocStar and email, require certain documents and approvals, and provide business insight into your document workflows in real-time
Reduce HR Department Costs
- Eliminate physical storage costs
- Reduce labor costs associated with physical storage, filing and regulatory compliance
- Assign employees to higher value activities
Human Resources Regulatory Compliance
- HIPAA, EEOC, FLSA, Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, ADA & ADEA, and FMLA and more
- Store and distribute policies and procedures with version control and audit traceability
- Automate document retention
Integrate With Your HRIS and ERP Systems
We create solutions tightly integrated with the leading ERP and HRIS solutions allowing you to enter your documents and data in one step while storing them in the document management system. DocStar can be integrated with any MS SQL/OBDC compliant systems including Microsoft Dynamics, Great Plains, Lawson, SAP, and Oracle PeopleSoft.