Over 100 New England Schools Use PiF Solutions
PiF Technologies creates customized document management solutions for the education industry to scan, index, store and manage critical paper and electronic documents. We work with school systems, universities and colleges to help move toward a paperless processes.
- Managing school transcripts, IEP, ARD files, 504 plans, financial aid and student health records involves an enormous amount of staff time and physical storage space.
- Your paper and electronic documents can be imported and stored in a central repository giving you access to any document instantly.
- Storing documents in banker boxes, binders, folders, storage cabinets in basements, attics, office space and off-site storage areas will become a thing of the past.
- Our solutions help organizations reclaim space used for storage and use it for education.
- We help keep your records organized and reduce the number of hours it takes your staff to properly file, retrieve, distribute and refile student records while complying with a myriad of regulations.
- Our solutions can be used by any department including your business and financial aid office to expedite your AP process, financial aid application process and even your HR process.
If you need help with student record retention, special education or FERPA compliance we can create a solution for your organization.
Core Business Application Integrations
We create solutions tightly integrated with the leading student information systems (SIS) allowing you to enter your documents and data in one step while storing them in the document management system. DocStar can be integrated with any MS SQL/OBDC compliant systems including ERP systems, Tyler Systems, SASI, PowerSchool, Blackbaud, Ellucian Banner Student and others.
- Capture, store and distribute documents into one central document repository
- Intelligent data capture
- Import from external sources – scan, fax, email, printer, hard drive
- Full text OCR
- Indexing and Tagging
- Barcode recognition
- Link related documents
- Search and Retrieval
- Instant document retrieval
- Full text searching
- Field and metadata searching
- Boolean Search
- Document Previews
- Hotkey access within your core business system
- Workflow automation
- Content collaboration
- Automate tasks for contract management and approval
- Pre-define documentation requirements, approval steps and due dates
- Collaborative workflows include alerts, approvals, reporting and annotation
- Distribute documents for approvals
- Create document checklists to identify missing documents quickly
- Exception Support
- Version control
- Audit Trails
- Data Redaction
- Record Retention Management
- Litigation Hold Support
- Time and Date Stamp
- Electronic Signature
- Native File Support
- Active Directory/LDAP single sign on
- Access management for security compliance allowing different document rights for teachers, counselors, nurses and administrators with a legitimate educational interest
- Version control and audit trails
- Document authentication
- Segregated and secured personnel folders
- Disaster Recovery
- Encrypted back-up
- Secure SSL Document Upload
- Daily back-up
- Redundant Data Center
- Recovery within 48 hours
- Instant document retrieval
- Reduce physical storage costs of student records
- Reduce manual data entry errors
- Data privacy compliance
- Rapid deployment
- Regulatory Compliance: Family Educational Right and Privacy Act (FERPA), HIPPA and more
- Business system integration