50+ New England Manufacturers Use PiF Solutions
PiF Technologies creates customized document management solutions for the manufacturing industry to scan, index, store and manage critical paper and electronic documents. Manufacturing involves document intensive processes such as accounts payable, order processing human resources and quality control.
Dealing with large volumes of paper documents can create bottlenecks in your workflow. Storing and retrieving documents is both costly and time consuming.
- Complying with complex regulations (ISO, CFR Part 11, FDA) and ensuring your quality control records are complete is critical.
- Our manufacturing document management solutions can be integrated with quality management software (EQMS) to help improve quality management by managing workflow and automating documentation control and distribution.
Manufacturers facing global competition, increased pressure on costs and the need to show quarterly profits benefit from the implementation of manufacturing document management systems.
- Scan documents and match to customer, order numbers, purchase order for automated entry into the ERP system.
- Route purchase orders, work orders, bills of material and job costing data to any user.
- Process sales orders including detailed pick, pack and ship information.
DocStar is powerful, easy-to-use and very configurable. Our flexible and scalable systems can meet the requirements of a variety of manufacturing companies across diverse categories;
- General manufacturing for retail and trade
- Automotive and motor vehicle
- Medical device manufacturers
- Food and beverage industry
- Aerospace and defense manufacturers
Our systems improve communication, productivity and effectiveness so that you can focus on your core business and achieve your strategic goals. A secure web-based interface provides access to documents from anywhere in the world, at any time. Let us help you with a document management solution customized for your business.
Core Business Application Integrations
We create solutions tightly integrated with the leading quality management systems (QMS), MRP/ERP, bill of material systems (BOM) and other core business systems allowing you to enter your documents and data in one step while storing them in the document management system. Docstar can be integrated with any MS SQL/OBDC compliant systems including Microsoft Dynamics, System I (formerly AS/400), Infor ERP ExpressNetsuite, Epicor, Profit21, MAS 90/200/500 and Sage 100,300,500.
- Capture, store and distribute documents into one central document repository
- Intelligent data capture
- Import from external sources – scan, fax, email, printer, hard drive
- Full text OCR
- Indexing and Tagging
- Barcode recognition
- Link related documents
- Search and Retrieval
- Instant document retrieval
- Full text searching
- Field and meta data searching
- Boolean Search
- Document Previews
- Hotkey access within your core business system
- Workflow automation
- Content collaboration
- Automate tasks for contract management and approval
- Pre-define documentation requirements, approval steps and due dates
- Collaborative workflows include alerts, approvals, reporting and annotation
- Distribute documents for approvals
- Create document checklists to identify missing documents quickly
- Exception Support
- Version control
- Audit Trails
- Data Redaction
- Record Retention Management
- Litigation Hold Support
- Time and Date Stamp
- Electronic Signature
- Native File Support
- Active Directory/LDAP single sign on
- Access management for security compliance
- Version control and audit trails
- Document authentication
- Segregated and secured personnel folders
- Disaster Recovery
- Encrypted back-up
- Secure SSL Document Upload
- Daily Back-up
- Redundant Data Center
- Recovery within 48 hours
- Instant document retrieval
- Reduce physical storage costs
- Reduce manual data entry errors
- Data privacy compliance
- Rapid deployment
- Regulatory Compliance: FDA, OSHA, DOT, FDC, ITAR, Good Manufacturing (GMP) and ISO Business Standard Compliance: ISO 9000 or QS 9000, Corrective Action and Prevent Action (CAPA), Good Documentation Practice (GDOcP)
- Increase order processing speed
- Quick and easy ISO, ITAR, ANSI audit management
- Business system integration