Every HR department has daily administrative functions that rely heavily on document-intensive processes. These packages and processes include communication with state and federal agencies as well as third parties and can be incredibly inefficient, costly, and time-consuming. Managing your HR processes and documents digitally can reduce costs, increase efficiency, and reduce headaches for your department, applicants, and employees.
What HR Processes can benefit from automation?
Benefits processing. With web forms, employees can quickly change their own personal information and benefits selections online themselves, saving everybody time, paperwork, and frustration.
Scheduling. With automated scheduling tools, HR can gain a better picture of the organization’s staffing needs as well as costs. This allows them to spend less time figuring out appropriate staffing levels or troubleshooting scheduling problems.
Payroll data transfer and salary change requests. These processes can be especially time-consuming when done through traditional methods. An HR processes automation solution can help employees avoid having to enter and re-enter an employee’s pay information. This also helps avoid errors, which you particularly want to avoid in this area.
Timesheet tracking and approvals. Instead of wasting time tracking down employees, composing reminder emails, and making sure each timesheet gets to the right supervisor, HR employees can automate these processes, saving a great deal of time.
Onboarding and offboarding of employees. These could be the processes that benefit the most from automation. Often during the onboarding and offboarding process, employees are kept waiting due to simple issues that have fallen through the cracks. For example, a new employee might start on a Monday, but not get her company email and server account set up until Wednesday because IT wasn’t notified on time. That’s two whole days of productivity lost.
What else? Application Tracking, Resumes, Tax Forms, Offer Letters, Change of Status Forms, Licensing and Certifications, Medical Records, Employee Policies, Performance Reviews, Audit Management, and many other processes.
Integrate With Your Existing HRIS and ERP Systems
We understand you rely on multiple systems each day to successfully run your organization, so we create solutions tightly integrated with the leading ERP and HRIS solutions.
You can simply enter your documents and data in one step while storing them in the document management system. Our custom DocStar solutions can be integrated with any MS SQL/OBDC compliant systems including Microsoft Dynamics, Great Plains, Lawson, SAP, and Oracle PeopleSoft.
Integration with your human resource information system (HRIS) allows you to instantly access both prospective, current, and past employee documents and information directly from within the HRIS. A secure web-based interface provides access to documents from anywhere in the world, at any time. Manage all of your employee documents from recruiting to retirement, streamline employee administration and automate critical HR processes.
Improve HR Department Productivity and Service Delivery
Employees get what they need faster and HR remains in full compliance with company policies and state and federal regulations. Free HR to focus on more valuable tasks and never lose or misplace a file again.
- Enter documents into collaborative processing workflows that include alerts, approvals, reporting and multiple one-click rubber stamps
- Easy one-click access to supporting documentation based on the document currently being viewed with a new related document display
- Access all your documents instantly while in your main line of business application through a simple hotkey
- Pre-define, automate and enforce your document driven processes and include automated due date creation, automated alerts via DocStar and email, require certain documents and approvals, and provide business insight into your document workflows in real-time
Reduce HR Department Costs
- Eliminate physical storage costs
- Reduce labor costs associated with physical storage, filing and regulatory compliance
- Assign employees to higher value activities
Human Resources Regulatory Compliance
- HIPAA, EEOC, FLSA, Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, ADA & ADEA, and FMLA and more
- Store and distribute policies and procedures with version control and audit traceability
- Automate document retention
Video Tutorial - Applicant Tracking and HR Onboarding
- Scan, fax, email and import documents into one central document repository
- Reduce manual data entry errors
- Capture, store, distribute and track applications
- Capture, store and link training records, certifications and licenses
- Capture and route time cards and expenses to your accounting system
- Customized workflow automation
- Automate tasks for new hire packages and employee on-boarding
- Pre-define documentation requirements, approval steps and due dates
- Collaborative workflows include alerts, approvals, reporting and annotation
- Distribute documents for approvals
- Identify missing documents quickly
- Build workflows linking documents to make audit management easier
- Search and retrieval
- Full text OCR and document indexing
- Real-time search and retrieval: retrieve any HR document instantly
- Instant hotkey access within your HRIS/ERP system
- Access management for security compliance
- Version control and audit trails
- Document authentication
- Segregated and secured personnel folders
- Native file support
- Document management and retention policies
- Quick and easy audit management
- Disaster recovery
Want more tips on how to improve your HR processes? Download our FREE ebook!